Topics

Help regarding an article Smith 2016 #net #scs

Paul S Anderson

Friends,

This article is behind a pay wall.  I would like to see the article, but my main question is simply this:

Does Smith treat SCS and biochar as SEPARATE NETs?   I am tracking the origins of lumping biochar with SCS.   I think that Smith does NOT do so.

Smith P. (2016). Soil carbon sequestration and biochar as negative emission technologies Global Change Biology22, 1315–1324   https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gcb.13178

From the abstract:

Given the negative emission potential of SCS and biochar and their potential advantages compared to other NETs, efforts should be made to include these options within IAMs, so that their potential can be explored further in comparison with other NETs for climate stabilization.

Thanks,

Inventor of RoCC kilns for biochar and energy:  See  www.woodgas.com

Greta Loeffelbein

Y'all know you can get past paywalls by pasting the link into the text box at sci-hub.tw ?

On Apr 21, 2020, at 11:08 AM, Paul S Anderson <psanders@...> wrote:

Friends,

This article is behind a pay wall.  I would like to see the article, but my main question is simply this:

Does Smith treat SCS and biochar as SEPARATE NETs?   I am tracking the origins of lumping biochar with SCS.   I think that Smith does NOT do so.

Smith P. (2016). Soil carbon sequestration and biochar as negative emission technologies Global Change Biology22, 1315–1324   https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gcb.13178

From the abstract: