Walter Jehne, Healthy Soils Australia - declaration on Cow and World Methane Emissions #methane #cow

Tomaso Bertoli - CISV

Hello all

The attached “declaration” by Walter Jehne, Healthy Soils Australia is maybe available online on some website ?

I would like to repost it on our web and social media sites

If it’s not already online does anyone have Walter Jehne, Healthy Soils Australia email address so that I can ask permission to post the script ?

Thanks a lot

Tomaso

From: Seth Itzkan <seth.itzkan@...>

Date: May 11, 2020 at 6:16:12 AM MDT

To: Soil Age <soil-age@...>, soil4climate-advisoryboard@..., "Sequestering Carbon in Soil: Addressing The Climate Threat" <sequestering-carbon-in-soil-addressing-the-climate-threat@...>, Healthy Soils Coalition <VHSC@...>

FYI - This is starting today. It is free. I'll be speaking on Thursday, May 14

https://www.weezevent.com/reunion-regionale-4-pour-1000-amerique-du-nord

Regional meeting 4 per 1000 - online

In partnership with Regeneration Canada

Place and dates:

Online (on Zoom)
From May 11 to 15, 2020, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST daily

Goals :

Organize the first regional meeting in North America bringing together a maximum of partners and members of the “4 per 1000” initiative in Canada (7) and the United States (58).

Take advantage of five sessions over five days of meeting to develop a regional roadmap of concrete actions on the ground, for carbon storage in soils with the help of agriculture and forestry.

"From pilot project to large-scale development"

o   presentation of concrete results for each category of actors (farmers, scientists, NGOs, companies).

o   presentations of promising results and possibly implemented on a large scale.

o   facilitating / incentive factors and blocking / limiting factors.

Deliverables:

A regional roadmap of concrete actions in the field, for carbon storage in soils with the help of agriculture and forestry.

Participants:

All partners and members of the “4 per 1000” initiative based in North America, all interested friends of the “4 per 1000” initiative in the region, and contacts from our network.