"Fight Against Lake Hopatcong Algae Blooms Continues with 'Biochar' Bags" #algae #phosphorous #biofilter

Trevor Richards

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/roxbury/sections/green/articles/fight-against-lake-hopatcong-algae-blooms-continues-with-biochar-bags
I thought most biochars had a rather poor affinity to P unless modified in production (or post-production?). Is this project destined to fail? Maybe reduction in N will help with algae bloom anyway.

James Gaspard

Trevor:

I am certain this project is not destined to fail.   You need to remember Hugh's adage and published document that "all biochars are not created equal".   Our biochar is being used in this project, as it has been used throughout the US and Canada on many high profile algae control projects.    Our raw wood biochar, without any modifications during or after production, has been proven time and time again in testing with major corporations and independent labs to adsorb over 99% of the P it comes in contact with in nutrient laden water bodies.  We currently supply our biochar to many of the major lake treatment companies for use throughout North America.   The system being implemented at Lake Hopatcong is part of Biochar Now's patented system to treat algae blooms with our biochar.

Are you still based in Malaysia?   I ask because we have signed funding agreements to set up a number of our biochar production sites in Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia to address water quality and other issues in that part of the world.

James

--
James Gaspard
CEO

Biochar Now
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1832, Loveland, CO 80539-1832