a nerdy idea that has nothing to do with biochar that I needed to share..... #technology

mikethewormguy

Good Day,

Attached is a picture of an energy saving idea for those who live in the land of cold winters...

At first glance the windows may appear frosted but actually they are covered with small bubble wrap. The plastic bubble wrap provides about 3/8 inch of air insulation to reduce the movement of cold.

All you have to do is..

1. Spray the surface of the glass with a soapy solution.
2. Apply the bubble wrap smooth side contacting the soap solution on the glass.
3. Move the bubble wrap up and down to assure good surface contact between the smooth surface of the wrap and glass.
4. That's it...

The bubble wrap will stay stuck to the window all winter doing its insulation job.

In spring pull the bubble wrap off the glass and store for next winter, as well as, wash window to let the sun in.

I hope folks do not mind this non-biochar posting......

It's such a simple, affordable, and effective idea that I had to share it......

Thanks for understanding........

Great idea. Our winters are not severe but we have old single pane windows that we can try it on. Is there an R value for the insulation?

As Frank showed us you can set biochar beneath the window to prevent fogging from the inside. : - )

Tom

[...]

Joshua Bogart

Ok I missed something, what is this about boichar helping with window fogging?

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020, 6:24 PM Tom Miles <tmiles@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom,

Not sure on the R-value but you can improve it by adding an additional layer of bubble wrap by interconnecting bubble to bubble.

Hi Mike, that is a very good idea, - Although I live in the Wet Tropics in Australia, it is at an altitude of 700 metres so quite severe frosts occur and as with Climate Change we suffer stronger extremes, I can imagine it won’t be long before we may be very grateful for your idea, - particularly as houses were not built for such coldness.

Taking advantage of the allowing of your post, I would like to include something i recently designed, - ie a more efficient and safer fire truck, the which with the physical support of our local firies, has now achieved Proof of Concept.
I have not patented this design, and it may take a while ( years!) to get through the local bureaucracies so the more folk that know of it the better.

Cheers, Geoff Thomas, Australia.

On 29 Nov 2020, at 7:33 am, mikethewormguy via groups.io <mikethewormguy@...> wrote:

[...]

<20201128_150741.jpg>