Why I distrust the stove and pellet industries

Paul S Anderson

Michael,

Thanks for the link to that article.   But I did not see an promotion of a pellet stove.

Issues like noise pollution etc are lamentable but not unique to pellet factories.   That is anti-industry abuse, but not anti-pellet.

Big issue is that the pellets are being burned to heat plus ash instead of being pyrolyzed to heat plus charcoal/biochar.   MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

Yes, there are excellent pyrolytic cookstoves (TLUD style) that use pellets extremely well.   But projects cannot be based on selling a few hundred stoves.   Minimum suggested is 2000 reasonably close together, and with a pellet supply chain.   I work with such proposals (not yet projects) with carbon sequestration credits for sustainability.   But up-front starting capital is needed. 

Paul

Doc / Dr TLUD / Paul S. Anderson, PhD --- Website:   www.drtlud.com

Email:  psanders@...       Skype:   paultlud

Phone:  Office: 309-452-7072    Mobile & WhatsApp: 309-531-4434

Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP    Go to: www.JuntosNFP.org 

Inventor of RoCC kilns and author of Biochar white paper :  See  www.woodgas.energy/resources  

Author of “A Capitalist Carol” (free digital copies at www.capitalism21.org)

with pages 88 – 94 about solving the world crisis for clean cookstoves.

From: main@Biochar.groups.io <main@Biochar.groups.io> On Behalf Of d.michael.shafer@... via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 5:04 AM
To: Biochar Listserv <Biochar@groups.io>
Subject: [Biochar] Why I distrust the stove and pellet industries

[This message came from an external source. If suspicious, report to abuse@...]

Does anyone remember the NYT story a year or so ago that touted some new pellet stove as the savior of our climate and champion of our forests and environment?

Dream on.

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Does anyone remember the NYT story a year or so ago that touted some new pellet stove as the savior of our climate and champion of our forests and environment?

Dream on.