Tonight (in USA) Webinar on RoCC kiln production of biochar

Paul S Anderson

Because of time zones, a webinar at 11 AM in India on Wednesday starts tonight 8 June in USA at 10:30 PM Pacific Time (Tuesday) and 12:30 AM (Wednesday)in Central Time / 1:30 AM Eastern time.

In Europe and Africa it is probably 6:30 or 7:30 AM depending on your time zone.

Webinar on Producing Biochar at Farms, using agri-waste, with focus on the RoCC kilns of Paul Anderson.   One sample slide is inserted below.

The Zoom webinar is on 9th June, 2021 at 11 AM India Time with duration of 90 minutes

Join via Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/93180487895?pwd=dmJjZG1ycGxqdEptQXVQVWpVb3Bodz09

Meeting ID: 931 8048 7895

Passcode: 038134

Inventor of RoCC kilns and author of Biochar white paper :  See  www.woodgas.energy/resources

Deborah Cook

Will it be recorded and shown later?

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 8:42 AM Paul S Anderson <psanders@...> wrote:

Because of time zones, a webinar at 11 AM in India on Wednesday starts tonight 8 June in USA at 10:30 PM Pacific Time (Tuesday) and 12:30 AM (Wednesday)in Central Time / 1:30 AM Eastern time.

In Europe and Africa it is probably 6:30 or 7:30 AM depending on your time zone.

Webinar on Producing Biochar at Farms, using agri-waste, with focus on the RoCC kilns of Paul Anderson.   One sample slide is inserted below.

The Zoom webinar is on 9th June, 2021 at 11 AM India Time with duration of 90 minutes

Join via Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/93180487895?pwd=dmJjZG1ycGxqdEptQXVQVWpVb3Bodz09

Meeting ID: 931 8048 7895

Passcode: 038134

Inventor of RoCC kilns and author of Biochar white paper :  See  www.woodgas.energy/resources

Deborah Cook
781.383.6313
-------------------
.      Check out my new book Parted Waters

Paul S Anderson

Debbie,

It will planned to have it recorded and eventually available.   The host R. K. Mehta and I will try to  inform when and where a recording becomes available.

I hope that some other group will want to sponsor / organize for a similar event in the  near future with a time more suitable for attendance and Q&A in North America.  There is much new material in tonight’s presentation.   There is progress every week with RoCC kilns in India, Kenya, Mexico and USA.

debbiecook281@...

-------------------

.      Check out my new book Parted Waters

Deborah Cook

I’m very eager to see it! It’s so exciting to hear about all the efforts happening around the world.

Besides money is there anything else I can help with now? PR, communications, etc?

Would love to build a campaign for Gilbert once he gets some sort of track record to tell his story and raise funds.

--
Deborah Cook
781.383.6313

Trevor Richards

Hi Paul,
A new report on biochar has been produced in NZ. It is important because it could direct future govt. interest, (re)engagement and investment in biochar.
This report is somewhat critical of flame cap systems based on emissions (& heat waste & productivity)
Can you (or others on this list) point to any hard data /research on flame cap emissions & LCA.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 00:43, Paul S Anderson <psanders@...> wrote:

Because of time zones, a webinar at 11 AM in India on Wednesday starts tonight 8 June in USA at 10:30 PM Pacific Time (Tuesday) and 12:30 AM (Wednesday)in Central Time / 1:30 AM Eastern time.

In Europe and Africa it is probably 6:30 or 7:30 AM depending on your time zone.

Webinar on Producing Biochar at Farms, using agri-waste, with focus on the RoCC kilns of Paul Anderson.   One sample slide is inserted below.

The Zoom webinar is on 9th June, 2021 at 11 AM India Time with duration of 90 minutes

Join via Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/93180487895?pwd=dmJjZG1ycGxqdEptQXVQVWpVb3Bodz09

Meeting ID: 931 8048 7895

Passcode: 038134

Inventor of RoCC kilns and author of Biochar white paper :  See  www.woodgas.energy/resources

Debbie,

Thanks for the interest in the biochar project with Gilbert in Kenya.  Soon we will be solidifying the procedures and announcing the plans that should be of benefit to the (at least two) other biochar efforts in Kenya, with which we are in contact.

Some news from Gilbert will be in tonight’s presentation, but we will have a detailed report on Kenya in July (I hope).

[...]

Daniel Pidgeon

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the Zoom webinar on the RoCC Kiln. Even though I had to listen while I worked, it was good to hear how things are developing with it.

I had my build almost up to the point of completion of kiln, only the hood left to build, when work got busy again and I had to put it on the backburner. I was interested to hear today that the hood/cover is not a necessary component anymore. Great news then, I'm almost up to trying it out! When I have time. Looking forward to it.

 So, on a parting, overthunk thought, would that then make it a RoC Kiln instead...?

Thanks again.

Daniel

[...]

Daniel,

I look forward to hearing more of your actions with the RoCC kilns.

There are two “C’s” in RoCC.    The “Covered” term refers to the  kiln cylinder mostly enclosing the “Cavity”.   It does not refer to the hood / chimney  that is now considered to be an option.

I think you will be the first in Australia!!!

[...]

d.michael.shafer@gmail.com

Paul,

Couldn't listen because I was in truck and then out. Slide looked interesting, if dense.

Is there a link to follow to listen now?

PS Big celebration today. Team Malawi just surpassed 3,000 small farmers trained to make and use biochar since the end of April. Intense! . All in groups planned for 50 but often running to 65-70. (Ran follow-up survey when rains came last year to find that a ridiculous percentage of trainees continued to use char - and loved it.)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 8:17 PM Daniel Pidgeon <daniel.pidgeon@...> wrote:
[...]

Tom Miles

Congratulations Michael. It has been rewarding to see the enthusiasm of the training teams as they work village to village. The villagers will enjoy the benefits of your training and inspiration just like many of their trainers have over the last few years.

T R Miles Technical Consultants Inc.
tmiles@...
Sent from mobile.

On Jun 9, 2021, at 8:07 PM, d.michael.shafer@... wrote:

[...]

We can expect a recording to be posted, but not available yet.   I will announce the site when it is ready.

Congratulations on your progress in Malawi!!   We await details when available.

[...]

Dear all,

I have just been informed that there was no recording of my presentation yesterday.   Sorry.   We will shift to Plan B.

1.  I will have a copy of the slide deck (with some edits or subdivisions because of length) available at a website to be announced next Monday 14 June 2021.

2.  I will also prepare a document specifically about how of make the “H-Frame” version of the RoCC kiln, also (I hope) to provide by next Monday.

3.  We will evaluate on Tuesday if and when another Zoom webinar could be presented with a specific focus on the ways to fabricate the RoCC kilns in small sizes (barrel 23 inch diameter and cylinder 32 inch diameter, with variable lengths).  Maybe to present twice to serve better the time zones of India and USA which are 10.5 to 14.5 hours different, and to relate to the differences (especially labor of fabrication and usage) between the audiences.

4.  We hope that numerous (more than 20) persons / entities will undertake to make and test the RoCC H-Frame kilns (and other design options) and use them with diverse biomass feedstock and conditions, AND to have those experiences reported publicly by mid-July.

Dr. R. K. Mehta will post this message to the Biochar Crusaders discussion group that is based in India.   And I will keep the   Biochar.group.io    group informed.  Interested persons should subscribe to one (or both) of those groups.

Sorry for the lack of a recording, but the next round of output will be stronger and more focused.