Topics

Biochar pest control #pest

Robert Masson

Good morning,

I am an agricultural extension agent in Yuma County Arizona.

I am looking for reference material on how biochar can help with commercial agriculture pest control.

I am presenting at an IPM workshop and they only give PCA training credit hours if the topic is pest control themed.

I want to promote use of biochar using this platform, so I need some reference material.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Robert Masson

Assistant Agricultural Agent

Yuma County Cooperative Extension

919-889-0855

Claudia Kammann

Hello Robert,

if you use the name „ellen Graber“ in your scientific literature search you will find a lot of papers on biochar effects on plant-pest relationships and plant defense genes/effects.

I can send you some of the papers, if you send me a direct mail.

Best regards, Claudia Kammann

I am an agricultural extension agent in Yuma County Arizona.

I am looking for reference material on how biochar can help with commercial agriculture pest control.

I am presenting at an IPM workshop and they only give PCA training credit hours if the topic is pest control themed.

I want to promote use of biochar using this platform, so I need some reference material.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Robert Masson

Assistant Agricultural Agent

Yuma County Cooperative Extension

919-889-0855

Tom Nelson

For pest control you really should be looking at wood vinegar instead of biochar. There have been very successful case studies using wood vinegar to control aphid and borer beetle infestation. WV is a co product of producing biochar.

Best,

Tom Nelson
Torresak

[...]

mikethewormguy

Robert,

We have experience with the use of wood biochar powder in a garlic extract solution to mitigate the effect of female fruit flies on organic blue berries.

Biomass char can be included into a USEPA 25b Minimum Risk Pesticide application for organic certified crops.....

BTW.....Did an interesting spinach downy mildew trial in Yuma with extension folks, a few years ago as part of the International Spinach Conference.  Yes..you can find folks to attend a conference about only spinach.... ....

Contact me directly via email or phone.....

Mike
414-719-1656 CST
mikethewormguy@...
Green Quest LLC www.onagreenquest.net