Topics

Fabstove RE: [Biochar] Forest biochar rocket stove

Paul S Anderson

Nicolas,

Here is some minimal information about the FabStove.   It is made in  South Africa, but can have assembly and even partial fabrication  in the county (or region) of a project involving hundreds of stoves.

It is for biomass pellet fuel, so a supply of pellet fuel is a pre-requisite.   If you have pellets, this is the best biomass stove available.

It has a small fan in  the base that uses very little electric power from the  grid or a battery (5v) or solar when the sun is shining.

Price per stove can  vary because of optional features and alternative structures and any importation expenses, basic .    It is to be considered an advanced stove, not an ICS improved cookstove.

Yes, it produces biochar.    It is expected to  be available in the  USA / Canada later this year, but it is not yet advertized.

I helped design this stove.  Feel free to ask me any questions and  I can put serious project proposers in contact with the company..

Inventor of RoCC kilns for biochar and energy:  See  www.woodgas.com