Topics

#filtration #water #filtration #water

Robert Lehmert

I am applying for a grant to construct filters for stormwater management in environmentally sensitive locations.

According to published studies, effective water filters can be made with biochar and various elements. For example, certain biochars have been demonstrated to filter phosphorous effectively (for one example) using a lanthanum zeolite compound in connections with specific feedstock, pyrolysis temperature, etc. -

Is there a business (or research facility?) already in existence that can make filtration compounds to match the specifications of a scientific study and produce them at a reasonable price, in a real-world volume?

If not, might this represent a good business opportunity?

CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL

Hello Robert,
I think there is nothing applying this idea to the industry. Filteration of phosphorous through biochar is new to me. This will be a very nice start up idea. I attached an article about the topic. Also, you can see the link - https://www.soilfixer.co.uk/Biochar-for-Water-and-Gas-Filtration

Thanking you,
Paul

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 5:44 PM Robert Lehmert via groups.io <roblehmert=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am applying for a grant to construct filters for stormwater management in environmentally sensitive locations.

According to published studies, effective water filters can be made with biochar and various elements. For example, certain biochars have been demonstrated to filter phosphorous effectively (for one example) using a lanthanum zeolite compound in connections with specific feedstock, pyrolysis temperature, etc. -

Is there a business (or research facility?) already in existence that can make filtration compounds to match the specifications of a scientific study and produce them at a reasonable price, in a real-world volume?

If not, might this represent a good business opportunity?

CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL

Another info (Attached).

Regards,

Paul Chandrasekhar

Doctoral Researcher

Faculty of Agrobiology, Food

and Natural Resources

Department of Agroenvironmental

Chemistry and Plant Nutrition

Office 47

Czech University of Life Sciences (CULS)

Kamýcká 129 165 00 Praha 6 - Suchdol

Prague, Czech Republic.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 8:28 PM CHANDRA SEKHAR PAUL via groups.io <paulcs2017=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Stephen Joseph

Hi Robert

We did a lot of work with a company that makes wet land sewage systems and  reactive barriers.  Here are the results of our work.