How to test biochar charged with urine to determine its effectiveness

K McLean

List,

We are teaching smallholder farmers in Africa to collect and crush embers from their open-fire cookstoves.  They charge it with their family's urine.

I want to test to determine the very cheapest and easiest way to charge with human urine.  Testing can be in a lab, in a university greenhouse, or anywhere else.  Sun24 can fund the testing.

I'm not looking to theorize why this will or will not work.  I want actual testing.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin McLean, President

Sun24

Heide Horeth

Cool, can you get the University of WA to take an interest in testing?

good luck,
Heide

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:12 PM K McLean <kmclean56@...> wrote:
List,

We are teaching smallholder farmers in Africa to collect and crush embers from their open-fire cookstoves.  They charge it with their family's urine.

I want to test to determine the very cheapest and easiest way to charge with human urine.  Testing can be in a lab, in a university greenhouse, or anywhere else.  Sun24 can fund the testing.

I'm not looking to theorize why this will or will not work.  I want actual testing.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin McLean, President

Sun24